Sunday 6 June 2010

Poppy Heaven


No cottage garden should be without poppies. I was delighted to find clumps of oriental poppies growing in an existing flower bed but had no idea what colour they would  turn out to be. I have wished and wished for birght red ones to paint and this morning I was greeted with  gorgeous flowers standing proud and shining  in sunlight.

As an artist I am thrilled! I wonder how many of my friends will be painting these for years to come on visits here but for now I am  not alone as the poppy has attracted other admirers!


Thank you for following my blog. I really just wanted to share the beauty of my surroundings as it is so pretty here.

***************************************

4 comments:

  1. My first oriental poppy has also just come into bloom. I took a photo yesterday, and loved how the bright sunlight shone through the petals turning them yellow. Your cottage sounds pefect Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your daily blessings with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ingrid, its is coming along. Like a work of art it will take time to develop and I am loving each day here, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Ady, it feels selfish not to share the beauty around me as it really isn't mine to keep.

    ReplyDelete