Thursday 10 June 2010

An Ever Growing Family

Every morning I have hungry mouths to feed!

The six new cute ducklings are growing and becoming far more confident by the day. It is so comical to see them literally race to reach their breakfast. They seem to almost come to a  skidding halt as they  eagerly speed along the waters surface to reach their goal of food.


They now  come right  up to me and seem to know each will get a fair share.

I have been  really impressed with how the adults seem to sit back and allow the young to feed quietly before they too join in. Now however the drakes seem to follow me around the garden expecting food all through the day.

The minute I appear they waddle towards me and wait. As their number continually increases I am convinced they must be spreading the word that there is a new restaurant in town!


  
********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment