Saturday 5 June 2010

Heavenly Iris

Bearded Iris
"Blue Shimmer"

I adore Iris. They make beautiful subjects to paint and add a sense of majesty to a garden. This variety  carries a sweet perfume and when hit by the morning light just begs to be painted.

I have a feeling my  floral artist friends will be eager to join me on fine days to paint in the garden.

At the moment I am planning the landscape and planting very much with years of painting ahead in mind. Each plant will serve a purpose of adding colour and shape to the kaleidoscope of patterns in beautiful flower beds and give many hours of pleasure to all who see them.

This beauty surely is a painting waiting to happen.

*****************

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful and elegant flower, enjoy :)

    Blessings
    Page

    ReplyDelete